Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm peppering this thing with ads.

I recently signed up for a new ad mechanism for the website called Infolinks. What I do is paste a script into the HTML code of the page that in turn scours the page looking for keywords to make into hyperlinks. These hyperlinks formed out of plain text become small preview ads to be clicked on.

The technology is cool and it's perhaps less intrusive than the flashing banners or annoying pop-ups we're used too. What do you think?

Is this more intrusive, or more convenient?

I personally think it is a convenience, and less intrusive. Customers are on the site to read the text. If they see a highlighted item they're interested in, they click the link and everybody wins.

But what do you think?

3 comments:

BDunc said...

JKrahn, that is great! Make the moneys, raise the funds!

Wade said...

The only links that concern me are the ones on our blog headline. River College (Note: not Red River College but River College) is linked to Monster Marketplace.com and the word Advertising is linked to some work from home and make big money website. It's one thing to have links in the blog itself, but when our headline is like that I find it tacky and insulting somehow. If anything, there should be a link to RRC's website there. Is there a way to trigger the links only on certain fields on the page?

Anonymous said...

I agree Wade. I'm going to try and change that.

Remember, this is my first foray into the online ad world.