Friday, April 17, 2009

I hate this city.

It was friday night in Chicago, and the next morning at 8 was going to be the day my ass gets shipped back to Winnipeg. I found myself at one of those piano bars one didn't need to pay any cover for, drinking $1.50 margaritas. Drinking in the night as my last night in the beautiful U S of A.

And people were nice here. It was a lot like winnipeg. In fact, Winnipeg has a lot in common with Chicago. For one, both are called the windy city. Both kind of served as the gate to the west (kind of). And both are pretty big hockey towns, granted Chicago has a bigger population to make an NHL team flourish. And like i said, the people were nice.

So why was Clint popping balloons angrily with the cherry of his cigarette outside the bar, cursing the golden name of Chicago to an outsider?

"I hate this fucking city!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"When was the last time you've seen the fucking sun set?"

Pop!

"All the time, we're from Winnipeg."

"Ontario?"

"Manitoba."

Clint continued on his drunken tirade.

"Visited with my sister in Phoenix, and I looked up into the sky and was like, 'what the fuck is that? What's that orange ball in the sky?'"

Pop! Pop! He was running out of balloons.

His trip to Phoenix was much like mine to Chicago. I'd be pointing up, looking out asking "what the fuck is that? Another skyscraper being built? Do they need any more of those?"

"What's that? Things to do and see?"

Clint took his city for granted as much as I may be taking mine. But the truth is, I couldn't give a shit less about the sunset. I await the day for my next Butter Burger.

I'll be making a video in the coming days when I find time. I'll then youtube it and bring it up here. Thanks to everyone who made this trip a great one.

2 comments:

Kenton Larsen said...

Thank you for the great trip. Can't wait for the video!

Lil Zebra said...

"When was the last time you've seen the fucking sun set?"

...are caused by Chemtrails (artificial 'clouds' that block out the Sun.